Theatre UCF seeks to develop theatre artists of the highest quality. We provide our students with the training, education, and experiences necessary for the successful pursuit of professional theatre careers. Our goal is to develop and graduate student artists who are sensitive, aware, and total human beings by providing our students with conservatory training within the context of a Liberal Arts education. A well-rounded education involves an understanding of our place in the universe, and insights into the human condition, without which it is impossible for artists to interpret dramatic works accurately, sensitively, and with true artistry.
Our program is designed to give our students a competitive edge by:
- Providing intensive classroom work in theatre theory and practice, along with personal experiences designed to develop theatre skills of the highest quality.
- Providing extensive practical production opportunities that develop student skills in performance, design/technology, stage management and theatre administration.
- Developing high artistic standards in our students, faculty, and staff through production and classroom work utilizing professional guest artists and teachers. The use of professional guest artists and teachers is also essential to the establishment of a student's "professional theatre network."
- Creating and maintaining a professional environment necessary for the continued growth and development of our students, faculty, and staff.
- Theatre, B.F.A.: Acting offered for students who, upon graduation, plan to pursue a specialized career in professional theatre
- Theatre, B.F.A.: Design and Technology offered for students who, upon graduation, plan to pursue a specialized career in professional theatre
- Theatre, B.F.A.: Stage Management offered for students who, upon graduation, plan to pursue a specialized career in professional theatre
- Theatre Studies, B.A. offers a thorough foundation in theatre while providing flexibility and opportunity for interdisciplinary study with a required minor
- Theatre, B.F.A.: Musical Theatre serves students interested in a career on the musical theatre stage
- Theatre - Dance prepares pre-professional dancers in a dynamic environment conducive to the highest caliber of both practice and scholarship. The Dance Minor offers a foundation in dance techniques, dance history, composition, and performance
- Theatre - General provides an excellent foundation in theatre as a complement to any field of study.
- Theatre, M.A. is intended to provide high school teachers, community college teachers, and developing theatre scholars the opportunity to strengthen skills and knowledge of theatre beyond the undergraduate level
- Theatre - Theatre for Young Audiences, M.F.A. designed for students who demonstrate the artistic and intellectual capacity and evidence of professional promise to pursue careers in professional and academic theatre. The Theatre for Young Audiences track works in close partnership with the Orlando Repertory Theatre, a professional theatre for family audiences
- Theatre, Acting, M.F.A. designed for students who demonstrate the artistic and intellectual capacity and evidence of professional promise to pursue careers in professional and academic theatre